EVA International Privacy Statement
Who we are:
Name: EVA International
Address: c/o Limerick City Gallery of Art, Pery Square, Limerick City, V94 E67F
Where do we process personal data:
EVA International stores and processes personal data in Ireland and the UK only.
Purpose of the processing:
EVA International processes personal data for the following purpose(s)*: *(this is a non-exhaustive list)
- Expression of interest administration
- Exhibitor and Agency administration
- Project adiministration
- Legal obligations
- Employee administration
- Creditor administration
- Funding applications and reports
- Marketing and Communications
- Photography and video documentation (for promotion and marketing online and in print)
- Wesbite administration
The legal basis for this processing is:
- Legitimate interests (organisations, partners, audiences, artists, suppliers, employees)
- Legal obligation
- Contractual agreements
- To protect the vital interests of the data subject
Data is not shared with third party organisations or outside of Ireland. EVA uses third party data collectors to process data. EVA International uses Google Analytics to track data of visitors to www.eva.ie, this data is anonymous and used by EVA to improve website functionality only. EVA International uses Mailchimp to collect data, users must consent to this and can opt out at any time.
Data Retention period:
Data stored on the EVA International shared network via excel sheets and staff email accounts (which includes all the data mentioned above) will also be stored for a maximum of 5 years before being deleted if not being of legitimate interest.
Data stored online via EVA International’s mailing list using Mailchimp will be retained for a period of 5 years before the data subject will being given the option of having their data retained beyond this period or deleted.
Artists, artists collectives, organisation and individual expressions of interest to EVA will be stored on file for 2 years.
You have the following rights in respect to the personal data that EVA International holds on to. Please contact us at the address above to exercise any of these rights:
- The right to be informed
• You have the right to receive “fair processing information”.
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain:
• Confirmation of your personal data being processed
• Access to a copy of your personal data
• And any other supplementary information
- The right to rectification
• You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure (includes withdrawal of consent)
You have the right to have your personal data erased, in the following circumstances:
• You withdraw consent
• The personal data has to be deleted to comply with a legal obligation
• The personal data was unlawfully processed
• Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected
• Where you object to the processing and there is no superseding legitimate requirement to continue the processing
• The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of “information society services” to a child
- The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data
- The right to object
You have the right to object to:
• Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
• Direct marketing (including profiling)
• Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when:
• It is based on automated processing.
• It produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on the data subject.
The right to complain:
If you feel that EVA International has not fulfilled its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC). The DPC offers guidance on how to make a complaint here: https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Making-a-Complaint-to-the-DataProtectionCommissioner/r/18.htm
Automated decision making, including profiling:
EVA International does not use any automated decision making or profiling